This neck heating pad from Chattanooga Theratherm delivers intense moist heat to the shoulders, back, wrist, stomach, knees, arms and foot. It can almost instantly relieve you from any kind of pain related to arthritis, muscle spasms or inflammation, especially those that are caused by stress, strain, tension or injuries. The pad absorbs moisture through the air, and releases the moisture collected throughout the air to the body and skin while its temperature rises; this is possible through the flannel included with the pad. This comes with an easy to use digital hand remote control, allowing one to easily program, monitor and set the temperatures from 88 to 166 Fahrenheit (31 to 74 Celsius) and treatment duration from 1 minute to 60 minutes. A lockdown mechanism prevents any inconsistent changes of the controlling settings throughout the treatment.
In today’s time, best neck heating pad is one of the best ways to get temporary instant relief from pains and inflammations. If one has always steered away from injuries, buying heating pads can be an inconvenient task for them. These pads are made, designed and conceptualized with different heating techniques and mechanism in mind; some come with water heating technology, others go with electrical heating pads, a rare few chemical pads or the increasingly popular microwaveable heating system. Each heating pad is best suited for different kinds of pain and body parts. Below is a list of things one should look for in a heating pad.
- Design of the heating pad
The design of a heating pad is a major point in factoring what part of the body it is best suitable for and how effective it is for other body parts.
- Controls and mechanism of the heat pad
A master controller which is easily able to control, and allows one to easily program and monitor the settings, is an immensely important characteristic to think about when purchasing a heating pad. The controls of the heating pad affect a lot of the therapeutic experience, from setting the time, the duration and the temperature of the heating pad. This determines how useful the heating pad and if it fits your criteria. There are many different varieties of heating pad available coming with different mechanism. Thus, it is advisable to know about the different kinds of mechanisms found in the design of a heating pad; there are water heating pads, gel-based electrical heating pads, chemical heating pads and microwaveable heating pads.
- Safety concerns
Any source of heat can easily become a potential danger, not just to people, but for your clothes. In fact, it can easily damage the furniture, bed linens or even any wet fragile item near you since moisture can definitely age items faster than normal. It is always advisable to use cautious steps in using a heating pad, especially electrically powered ones, to avoid any hazards.
- Moist heating pad: Gives temporary relief from any pain associated with any kind of injury, be it from arthritis, muscle spasms or inflammation cause by any kind of strain or tension, through its intense moist heat delivering system which works without adding any water.
- Conventional power switch: This heating pad features digital hand controls through a remote, allowing one to easily set the temperature and duration while at the same time monitor the heating pad. It allows time controls of up to 60 minutes.
- Temporary but instant pain relief, this pad gives quick relief from the pains almost as soon as it reaches the desired temperature.
- Removable fleece cover that comes with the heating pad. It is very soft and smooth to the touch.
- Moist heat function with the fleece cover is a very creative combo, since it absorbs moisture through the air and releases it on the skin.
- Slow heating; the pad takes a little longer to heat and reach the desired temperature compared to other heating pads.
- Shorter life span; the heating pad is not one that can last for a long time.
The pad comes with an external fleece cover, allowing one to use it easily with the pad. This fleece cover gives a slow but intense heat to the body instead of the skin through the moisture it absorbed through the air which it then applies to your skin. However, the pad takes some time to reach the desired temperature, and is not one of the quickest heating pad. However, as soon as it reaches the temperature, it gives almost instantaneous relief to the pain.